ARTIST’S LIMITED EDITION
Alexandra Leykauf Photogram
A special limited edition photogram print produced by Leykauf for her Research Fellowship, will be available for sale at Focal Point Gallery.
40 x 50cm
B/W photogram print
signed and numbered edition of 10
£340 inc VAT (unframed)
Alexandra Leykauf (b. 1976 Nürnberg, Germany) works with photographs, photocopies and film. She studied at the Academy of Fine Arts, Nuremberg; Gerrit Rietveld Akademie, Amsterdam (audio visual media & photography); and Rijksakademie van Beeldende Kunsten, Amsterdam (residency). Leykauf’s work addresses questions of perspective, deception and illusion. Photographs that have been found, for example, from burnt down theatre and cinema halls are torn from their original contexts, processed and manipulated, so that the ‘unique character’ of a picture is put into question. Leykauf represents what has already been represented, and creates illusionist, self-referential art which present many types of interpretation. She sees her pictures as a ‘kaleidoscope’ whose individual facets each have equal prominence and keep on finding new points of contact.
Selected exhibitions include
- Rencontres de la Photographie, Arles 2016
- Film – Alexandra Leykauf, Cinema 2, Centre Pompidou, Paris 2015
- Les images constellantes, Villa du Parc, Annemasse, France 2015
- Bad Thoughts – Collection Martijn and Jeannette Sanders, Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam 2014
- Candid Etui, Galerie Martin van Zomeren, Amsterdam 2014.